Friday, March 7, 2008

I can't take it any more....

Well, it's about time I stop neglecting this little blog of mine. Not that a lot of people read it anyway, but I have been told (by a very close friend) that in my current state of mind, it couldn't hurt to spew away.

I am really bent lately that I seem to have become the housemaid. I am not called the loving wife or doting mother......I think I am lucky if I am called anything that doesn't constitute a word requiring asterisk and percentage signs to remain "G" rated. You see the family, loving little creatures (all 6 of them) that they are, seem to never be around when any work needs to be done. And if they are......well they are really good at ignoring it. I know I am the only one who notices that the mirrors/doors/glass need cleaning to see into or out of. I am pretty sure that unless they were to trip and hurt themselves, nothing would ever get picked up and put in it's proper place without my help. I know that we could grow new cultures for some sort of genetic research if I didn't diligently clean the toilets in the house on a weekly basis. The garbage gets taken out when "I" cannot seem to get another thing into the sack or I lose at the game. The family will gently stack whatever they are throwing out, so as not to disturb the bag that is resting so nicely in it's can. (As if they are playing a game of "trash Jenga" or something - "oooo, be careful, don't knock over the tower of trash!!!") The dishes are only done when I can't stand the smell coming from the sink area, there are no more clean dishes or I scream at the top of my lungs at my son to get the damn things done (because that is the only job he is supposed to do, without being asked.....well I am to the point, I don't ask anymore, I yell!!) My daughter refuses to do dishes, because....and this just slays me......she doesn't like the way it makes her hands feel. OMG - what do her hands feel like when she gets out of the hour and a half shower/bath or whatever it is she's doing for that long with the water heater working overtime to provide her precious butt with enough hot water to bath half of the free world!!!

And the biggest obstacle weighing on my mind - LAUNDRY - well, that's my life - if I don't have at minimum - 12 to 15 batches of laundry every weekend, then either something is horribly wrong in the Chavez home, or one or more of them have not been home for a couple days. My sweet, precious daughter changes her clothes a minimum of 3 times a day and nothing can be worn twice...at least not in the same month!! My son is about the same, only with him....this is how it goes. He gets up in the morning and puts something on. Gets somewhat ready for school and decides that he doesn't look cool enough in what he first put on and changes into something totally different. The problem with this is, the first outfit falls to the floor and eventually ends up in the "dirty" clothes hamper without ever being worn. Then when he gets home from school.......it's time to change into something different yet again.......not pajama's cause it's waaaaay to early for that.....just some shorts or sweats or another pair of comfortable jeans. These items of clothing are worn for approximately 2 hours before he has dinner and then it's shower time..........where yet another change of clothing will occur......still not the pj's.....nooo not quite bed time yet. This will be less clothing that the after school change, but not quite down to the skivies he wears to bed. A different pair of shorts/sweats and another t'shirt because any of the other's he wore earlier are completely unacceptable when you get out of the shower. Then at bedtime, well, the shorts (fresh after shower) and ANOTHER t'shirt are acceptable. My loving husband only changes clothes twice a day......his nice clothes or uniform for work and then the after work clothing. I seem to be the only one who wears the same clothing from the time I get dressed in the morning until I retire for the evening. WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE DOING THE LAUNDRY???? My daughter will assist, when she wants something, but it is usually all of her clothes and what she finds in her bathroom, the kitchen and a few things that may have made their way to the laundry room. She would not dare actually get the dirtly clothes hampers from her brother's room or our room. That would be far to much to ask. My son says that he would do the laundry, but with the amount of dish soap he uses for one sink full of dishes - I wouldn't have enough laundry soap for all 15 loads. My husband says that he would help, but it's never good enough for me.....his way of deliberately doing it wrong so that I don't want him to touch the laundry.

At any rate......I have had all of the fun I want have. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel ya. I'm giggling almost uncontrollably because something made me stop at my computer and sit down and read blogs... as I passed by with a towering basket of -- LAUNDRY -- and off to collect all the piles from elsewhere in the house.
Picture 3 people with rampant ADD and the clutter they create living together... and then throw in one person with some variant of OCD. Fun huh??
Hang in there. Love ya. And I hate trash jenga too - I really like that analogy though!

Anonymous said...

I am going to sign anonymous just so I don't have to go through the hassle of actually creating an ID (how lazy!) See now, don't you feel better. I know the answer is no because shit hasn't changed but like I told you just let the little things slide. I will talk to you later and give you some more ideas of how to take care of this.(yes I know. I am all full of ideas, if you would just go for them!) Or at least get you by until May when your daughter is gone and the load lightens up. But then another sore subject. Don't feel like you are the only one though because even without kids, this blog describes my life. I like to refer to it as "SLAVERY"(something that is suppose to be against the law!) Hang in there we all love you!!

sandra n mel said...

I'm dyin here!! I don't know what made me check your blog... BUT I am soooooo glad I did! I needed that & I hope that you got some therapy out of it!!! LOVE YA!!

Anonymous said...

Another friend who is signing in as Anonymous because I am too lazy to sign in....Now I can see why you flipped your lid after I chastized my husband for folding the laundry incorrectly! Too funny! I know we have all felt the same way from time to time (or all the time). It was only after I threw out some VERY strong words to my family did they step up to the plate and actually help around the house. It also helps that for about a week, I made myself very scarce. I have enough clothes to last a while, and so does my youngest, so I wasn't worried. Hang in there, or GO ON STRIKE!

sandra n mel said...

Aaallll righty then.....